Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Life is tough

I've said it many times before, and I'm sure I'll say it again in the future, life is really tough sometimes. The last few nights have been especially rough with the girls and I being sick. Very late Sunday night I phoned my brother Nick to ask if they'd pray for us - Sarah continued coughing and vomiting that night when I got back from Church, and I was just so exhausted. He and Phoebe (or FeFe as the girls call her) have been such a huge support - she said she'd come over. I said she didn't need to do that, but she said she'd love to help out so that I could get some rest. So she came and spent the night with us. It was a shocker with Sarah continuing to cough and not going to sleep till 1am!! Then continually waking with more and more coughing. Then there was the mound of washing in the morning...

This morning we went to the Doctor (again... you can tell you've been too often when your children are so excited to see him. Lucy loves it because she always scores lollies. When he offers the jar, she reaches in and grabs a handful, not just one. He just laughs.). It looks like I've got another sinus infection. So back onto antibiotics again... no wonder my head's been aching so much.

Last night, Aunty Ruth popped in after dinner as I was balling my eyes out, really feeling that "life is tough sometimes"! She's been a huge support too, and said as many friends have of late that they'd love to be able to do more to help. I think the hardest part is dealing with the emotional stuff that no-one can really deal with for you. She reminded me to lean on God, that though sometimes it may feel like He's forsaken us, He hasn't, He's there waiting to carry us through, that He's moulding us and shaping us, and that He sees the big picture.


Psalm 55:2 says "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you".

Lord, help me to cast my cares on You. Sustain me and give me Your strength. Thanks for my amazing family and friends who are a reminder that You really do care for us.



No comments: