Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Loving Life

Tonight we had dinner at Mum and Dad's - I'm really enjoying having them home again. Often when we're there the girls like to put on their fairy dresses, and when we leave there's often a major protest when I tell them that we should leave the fairy dress at Mum and Dad's... so I often give in and just let them wear it home.

That meant that tonight, Sarah fell asleep in her fairy dress on the way home. Didn't bother her in the least.

Made me think, isn't it great to be able to enjoy even the simple things in life? Then I thought, what are some of the simple things in life that I enjoy? Think I've been a bit caught up in pondering the tough stuff, even though that's been important.

I love
  • Hearing the girls giggle - this afternoon I was flipping them / getting them to do summersaults and they absolutely loved it and laughed their heads off. When they were in the bath, Lucy did a boop and that put them both in hysterics too. I love a good belly laugh.
  • Cooking, especially desserts - sticky date's probably my favourite.
  • Singing and playing piano, worshiping God through song, and listening to good music.
  • Journalling - I'm enjoying blogging, although I think I'll enjoy it more when more friends start commenting on my blogs and creating their own blog.
  • Having deep conversations about life... pondering together.
  • Walking along the beach at night and looking at the stars - would love to take the girls to do this sometime when it's warmer.
  • Going to the zoo (although I did vow after our recent visit not to go back for another ten years as it was very exhausting and stressful by the end of the day... I'm sure in a few years it'll be better).
  • Panda coming up to me for a cuddle, rubbing his head against my leg and purring to show he's happy.
  • Reading a good book that encourages/challenges/inspires me.
Paul Coleman Trio sing "I'm gonna love this life You've given me", "...You taught me to see there's so much more to this life than what I see, You're the love of my life, You're the reason I'm me, You're the Light of my world, I receive".

The next edition of the magazine's just gone out to churches, and we set the theme for this one around the Jesus. All about life campaign. Yeah, Jesus is all about life. He offers us new life and hope, not just when things are good, but when things are tough. Actually, I think it's in the tough stuff that we realise this truth at it's best, that Jesus is as He said Himself, "The Way, the Truth and the Life" and that He came so we could have life to the full.

Lord, help me to love this life You've given me. Help each of us to see that Jesus was and is all about life, that only through Him can we find our real purpose in life.


No comments: