Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Delightfully unpredictable?

I forgot another thing I love to do is have my hair done... but it doesn't happen that often, when you're a Mum other things usually take priority. It's harder to make time for it, and to justify the $.

Anyway, this afternoon I had my hair done. The hair-dresser was a bit 'scissor happy' - I was a bit scared when she was using those scissors - she was trying to layer my hair and there seemed to be lots of hair flying across the room. She explained what she was going to do and I mentioned how I've never really had anything other than a bob, and that I like it that way, that I'm not one to try something really different and wild. She kept assuring me I'd really like it when she was finished. I was sooooo scared... in the end it turned out OK, a slight variation on what I usually get, but I'm happy with it. Phew!

Makes me ponder about life again... I think secretly I'm a bit scared of what God might do with my life. Difference is, I didn't know the hairdresser from a bar of soap, but I see very clearly in the Bible and through my life experience so far that God is a God I can trust, who is faithful and loves us immensely, who created us and knows us intimately.

A friend recently wrote that she's finding life "delightfully unpredictable", which I decided was difficult for me as a J in Myers-Briggs. I'm not convinced these two words can go together. I personally find delight in predictability! But maybe as I entrust myself into God hands and trust Him completely, I might find that life can truly be "delightfully unpredictable"! Unpredictable to me anyway. Maybe I can take delight in God's plan, unpredictable as it may be, and maybe I can be thankful that He reveals each step as I need to take it!


Lord, help me to let go and trust You completely, knowing that You have the best plan for my life. Help me to delight in the life You've given me.


No comments: