Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fun at the Zoo

So, considering we went with three toddlers under two and a half, our day at the zoo was fun - it was great having my Pa and Grandma with us, I don't think I would have survived on my own, in fact I'm sure I wouldn't have!

I'm so excited that I managed to make it to the zoo by car all by myself. which is amazing considering my lack of navigational skills! I then made it home again in the afternoon which is even more surprising. The only potentially bad part is that I went through the "etoll" only thing between Chatswood and somewhere like Neutral Bay? (see, I'm so good with geography!!), and I don't have an etag. I did it on the way over and the way back, as that's the route Google Maps suggested, so I'm guessing I might get fined for that? And twice? Hopefully not - I didn't hear any 'beeps' or see any booth like things, but maybe they're not as obvious now? There was a phone number listed on the signs that I'll contact to check it out.

I particularly enjoyed the elephants - we saw one performing tricks, kicking a soccer-ball, standing on two legs, spraying everyone with water. He was very impressive and made me laugh. I was getting tired by that point so it was nice to be able to 'relax' a bit, Sarah loved it too and Lucy was asleep in the pram by that point (yipee!)! I also enjoyed a proper coffee which my Pa bought for me at lunch-time which was a nice treat. It was really good being able to just chase after just one of the girls, rather than both of them, and not having to push the pram at the same time. Pa and Grandma usually fight over who will push the pram - it's nice to get a break.

Sarah fell asleep in the car on the way home after screaming for a while. As we left the zoo and she was screaming, I asked if I could have a tantrum too, and she said no. Oh to be two again. I almost fell asleep as I drove home (only when we were stopped at the lights - I don't close my eyes when I drive). So Sarah's still asleep now which is a worry. She is still sick, but day sleeps and Sarah don't mix, her batteries recharge very quickly. I'm hoping she'll sleep through from now - if she wakes, she'll no doubt be up till early tomorrow morning at this rate!


Thanks Lord for a great day of fun with my two special girls, my fabulous grandparents and our good friends. Thanks that we could enjoy looking at all the different animals you created. You are amazing God.

2 comments:

numberchic said...

Alison, we got stung by that etoll thing coming back from the zoo in July. We took one little shortcut and got a notice in the mail for $11 something as we didn't register and pay for it within 48 hours. So I reckon you'll get 2 notices. Bummer hey.

Alison said...

Thanks for the heads up. Good news. Contacted the number on the signs and they put me through to Roam Express who said if I logged on to their website within 48 hours as you'd mentioned, I could register for a visitors etag (valid for a month) for $1.50 to cover it. All done now. Phew!! Poor anyone visiting from interstate!