Sunday, August 9, 2009

Please no more coughing

Poor Sarah's cough is very bad, and unfortunately when she coughs a lot she has a habit of vomiting. Thankfully she's not phased by it, she just splurts it out and says very matter-of-factly, "Mummy, I did a vomit". When I ask if she's alright, she usually replies, "Yes, Mummy, I'm alright". Then occasionally, "I'm going to do another vomit".... great...

So had to clean up my first round of chunder and bath her again just before I headed off to music rehearsal. Why is that children so often vomit all over the doona, and rugs that are the most difficult to clean and take the longest to dry? Then, as a welcome home, oh actually no she did give me a hug first, but soon after started coughing, and... bleergh. I love you too. Thankfully only got my jumper, and then I managed to whisk her into the kitchen to finish the next five or six. She's quite happy to vomit - certainly didn't get that from her mother, I hate vomiting!

So an eventful evening on the whole really... and on that note I'm ready for a cup of tea and a rest. Feeling very tired. Please no more coughing, I'd love some sleep.

No comments: