Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Strength

Why is it that whenever I have the opportunity to go to bed early, my mind doesn't want to stop 'pondering'?! The girls both went to sleep by 6pm tonight, which is a lovely change from the last few nights. Unfortunately my head's still throbbing and, based on the last few lots of antibiotics I've had for sinus infections this winter, the antibiotics probably won't kick in for a couple of days yet.

A great friend of mine, who's like an Aunty, sent me something really encouraging that she'd written after reflecting on a couple of Psalms in her devotion this morning. Made me cry... yeah, again... and it's not even that time of the month... maybe I enjoy crying? This is what she wrote:

"I'm right here. You think I'm distant. You think I'm not hearing your cries but I hear everything - know everything - go through everything with you yet I must allow you to endure this suffering for my sake. You don't see the big picture but I do and if I didn't allow you to go through this then I couldn't use you in the way I want to in the future. You wouldn't be the vessel I want to use for my glory. Be strong. Remember I am so very close. I love you, created you and understand you like no-one else can. Remember what my son went through on the cross. Even He thought I had forsaken Him but I needed Him to go through all that for my glory and for my purposes and plan. Rejoice in that in your suffering and pain, glory and honour will be brought to my name. My hand will uphold you - My strength is yours, My loving arms surround you ALWAYS!
BE STRONG."

Thanks Father for prompting others to share words of encouragement, and thanks for friends and family who listen to Your voice, and follow your promptings. Thanks that You are my Strength, and that Your strength is made perfect in my weakness.

No comments: