Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another Gem

Some of the pieces of the puzzle are starting to fit together as I think back over some of the things God's been teaching me this week in particular.

It will be of great advantage for the struggling Christian to remember that seasons of darkness are normal in the Christan life. I don't mean that we should not try to live about them. I mean that if we do not succeed, we are not lost, and we are not alone, as the fragment of our faith cleaves to Christ...

How long, O Lord, how long!... One of the reasons God loved David so much was that he cried so much, "I am weary with my moaning; every night I flood my bed with tears; I drench my couch with weeping (Psalm 6:6)...

It is a beautiful thing when a broken [person] genuinely cries out to God. Then after the cry you...


wait for it...

wait. "I waited patiently for the Lord." This is crucial to know: saints who cry to the Lord for deliverance from pits of darkness must learn to wait patiently for the Lord... Only God knows how long we must wait... We can draw no deadlines for God. He hastens or he delays as he sees fit. And his timing is all-loving toward his children. Oh, that we might learn to be patient in the hour of darkness. I don't mean that we make peace with darkness. We fight for joy. But we fight as those who are saved by grace and held by Christ."


pp33-36 "When the Darkness will not Lift" by John Piper

No comments: