Saturday, January 30, 2010

Walking in the Rain

Went for a walk with my iPod shuffle tonight, and saw some beautiful stars again. Earlier tonight the clouds were amazing - a really unusual colour, God is so creative!

As I was walking a song by Steven Curtis Chapman off his This Moment Cinderella Edition was playing. It's called "Yours" and as I saw the beautiful trees and heard a few dogs barking, I was reminded that everything is God's, He is in control of everything - the good and the bad. I thought about some of the dark clouds that have been looming on and off today and thought if God wanted it to rain right then and there, He could make it rain. Then I thought of that great song, "Blessed be Your Name". Not long after, I felt a drop of rain and heard that exact song play on my iPod, and I was reminded that He gives and takes away, that He is God, He is Sovereign over absolutely everything.

It was just lightly sprinkling as the song started - I still had probably five minutes or so to walk back home, and at that point it was kind of refreshing. Just as I arrived at our street, it started absolutely pelting down so I ended up pretty wet, but it wasn't far to home then. The song playing then was "In Christ Alone"

What heights of love,
What depths of peace,
When fears are stilled when strivings cease,
My Comforter, My all in all,
Here in the love of Christ I stand


What an absolutely amazing God we have!

No comments: