Sunday, January 31, 2010

Who am I?

I had an absolutely shocking day today - I definitely was not trusting God. I was worrying, over-analysing, and not taking my concerns to Him. I was so focussed on me that I didn't look to Him and His grace.

But tonight I was refreshed as I spent time worshipping God with others and hearing from His Word. I arrived 15 minutes late - the first time I remember being late to church in my life, and I couldn't stop crying. People were praying in groups and the tears kept coming. We sang a great new song about standing before Jesus just as I am, broken, and about Him extending His amazing grace.

The sermon was on Ephesians 1:3-14, and we explored a bit about our identity, and the blessings we have in Christ. I was reminded that my identity is in Christ.

It was at my lowest point where I felt utterly hopeless, and remembered that I have nothing to offer God, that He reached out His hand to me once again and said, "I love you, Alison. I died for you, Alison. Find your identity in me. Know that I love you immensely, more than you will ever know."

That's the hope Jesus offers each one of us. Who I am is hidden in Christ, my flaws, my failings, my hurts, my weakness, washed away by His blood. Now THAT is amazing love!!

No comments: