Thursday, January 14, 2010

Time to stop limiting God

This morning as I was driving the girls to see their Dad, I sensed God saying to me, "Stop limiting me".

I've been pondering how God could best use all the life experiences I've had, and the gifts He's given me.

I look back and see very clearly God's hand at work each step of the way, providing so many opportunities to serve Him and to grow in Him - singing in the worship team at church, leading Sunday School and Girls Club, leading on Vision Valley and Crusader Camps, leaving school at the end of year 10 to study at business college, working at business college, doing kids' talks at church, leading worship at church, teaching shorthand at an evening college, starting at AGL in admin then working in health and safety doing reports, preparing budgets, co-leading Bible study at another church, being Personal Assistant to the Human Resources General Manager and working ridiculously long hours sometimes, leading a team on beach mission, getting married, doing a ministry formations course, then working more generally in Human Resources on policies and procedures, meanwhile completing a degree in Adult Education that AGL significantly contributed to financially, taking on the role of worship coordinator at church, running training sessions at work for our incident reporting system and Health, Safety & Environment generally, traveling to Malawi and Mozambique to consider heading back for long-term mission, falling pregnant and going in to hospital 33 weeks pregnant and giving birth to a beautiful little girl who was six weeks premature, having troubles breast-feeding my baby and making sure she put on weight, falling pregnant again not long after that and studying pastoral care, then giving birth to another beautiful girl who was also premature but only four weeks but who was on CPAP for five days as she had troubles breathing, having a baby with bad reflux and finally discovering dairy was also upsetting her tummy, separating and realising that the marriage was beyond repair, living as a single mum, singing in the worship team at church again, joining the Kids Hope team as a mentor, editing a magazine that goes out to Baptist churches, moving in with Mum and Dad again, divorcing, and now about to study primary teaching.

Through it all, God's been teaching me that He is faithful, that He is everything I need, that He will guide my steps as I trust Him with all my heart and stop leaning on my own understanding (Proverbs 3:5-6).

No comments: