Friday, January 29, 2010

Planes Part II

The planes have been so loud again today. A few times during the afternoon while the girls and I were in the pool we could actually see them too - one looked like some kind of jumbo jet, another had a red stripe along its base. At one point there was a helicopter.

Then tonight before heading to bed I was hoping to look at the stars. I lay on the lawn even though it was a bit wet and looked up. The sky was pretty dark and covered in clouds, and it started raining. Again I could hear the planes, and caught a glimpse of one plane's lights (there were only two lights - one on the end of either wing, at least I'm guessing that's where they were). But that was it for tonight.

As I've been lying in bed, trying to sleep, the planes have still been very loud. They seem to have been loud for at least a few days now. Perhaps I've just never noticed it before? They're not the reason I'm not sleeping though - just something I've noticed.

No comments: