Monday, January 4, 2010

Step by step

I've just been blown away again by the way that God speaks so personally!! This morning I read this in "God Calling" for today.

Do not plan

All is well. Wonderful things are happening. Do not limit God at all. He cares and provides.

Uproot self - the channel-blocker. Do not plan ahead; the way will unfold step by step. Leave tomorrow's burden. Christ is the great Burden-bearer. You cannot bear His load and He only expects you to carry a little day share.


I love planning and organising - without it life feels too chaotic and out of control. I've been stressing about 'plans' for this year. The commitment/responsibility part of me wants to figure out what God wants us to do and have it neatly mapped out. But God doesn't work like that. That's Alison's way, not His.


Psalm 86: 10-12

Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.

No comments: