Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Committing everything to God

So it occurred to me today that God’s ways are very different to ours – OK, yeah, that’s probably pretty obvious. But it hit me in a new way today as I thought about Joseph again. If I were God, I would have sent the angel to speak to Joseph about the fact that he would be Jesus’ father a few months before Mary was pregnant, not after she’d already conceived. The planner in me thinks if Joseph knew a few months earlier he could have prepared himself mentally and been more ready to accept what was happening. But God didn’t do that. His plans were different.

Seems that’s so often the case, that His plans are different. Whether I want to accept it or not.

Proverbs 16:3, 9

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.


God is in control. He's Sovereign. I need to commit everything to Him and trust that He will show me the next step in His perfect timing.

No comments: