Saturday, January 30, 2010

One step at a time

Took Sarah for another swim this afternoon, but was a bit more reluctant to get in as it felt cooler than it has the last few days when we've been in. Plus Dad and one of his mates were in the pool so I didn't necessarily need to get in. I did my usual stand on the top step and think to myself it's really cold, and initially told Sarah I couldn't go in any further. But I eventually got in, just slowly, one step at a time.

People often suggesting jumping straight in is easier, but I've found it's easier to take one step at a time and gradually ease myself in.

It felt warm once I was in, and especially once the sun came out from behind the clouds again.

The planes have been really loud still. Even this morning when I went with Mum to their old house I could hear planes - I don't really remember hearing them in Hornsby, but again maybe I just never noticed them.

No comments: