Friday, January 22, 2010

Being Still

Last night I enjoyed lying on our back lawn looking at the beautiful stars our amazing God created. I decided it was time to be still and know that He is God. There God encouraged me with the words from that old song "Be still and know that I am God". It says, "I am the Lord that healeth thee". He reminded me that He is the one who set those stars in their place and that I can trust Him completely... still not good at doing that though!!

Our God is so amazing - have you looked at the stars recently, the stars that He calls by name? They're incredible. What an incredible God who heals the brokenhearted.

"Praise the LORD. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name." Psalm 147:1, 3,3

No comments: