Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wait

Impatience. "Irritation at having to wait or at somebody or something that causes a wait. Eagerness to do something immediately, and unwillingness to wait."

Yep, the Encarta Word English Dictionary describes my situation quite well.

Should I? Shouldn't I? As I wrestle to make my decisions, I read my devotion for the day, "Wait".

I start thinking too hard again: Is God prompting these thoughts, or are they my own desires that I'm not submitting to Him? God says it a little louder, "Wait".

The questions keep coming... faster and faster... then scream to a holt as I hear ever so clearly, "WAIT"!


Patience. "The ability to endure waiting or delay without becoming annoyed or upset, or to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties."

Wait. A tall order for one who is realising more and more just how impatient she really is!!

No comments: